среда, 21 сентября 2016 г.

Travel Health and Fitness

Travel Health and Fitness


Travel Health and Fitness


Travel Health and Fitness


Learn More About The Health Benefits of Swimming


I’ve always enjoyed swimming from a very young age, and as I get older it’s even more important to realize the Health Benefits of Swimming. For us baby boomers, exercise is crucial, to help maintain good overall health and well – being.


So if you follow my blog, you know how I love those colorful infographics, particularly when they have to do with anything travel related, health & fitness and of course sports, particularly NASCAR Racing!


So surprise, I spotted swimming infographic posted recently on my Google+ site and just had to share it with you below.


Swimming Health Benefits Infographic


Swimming and Your Health


Swimming Benefits


I know for me and one who suffers from arthritic pain, getting into the pool and getting my joints moving definitely improves my overall flexibility and reduces pain in my muscles and joints as the graph above outlines. I also enjoy deep water exercising which gets the heart rate up without putting any strain on my joints, compared to that of high impact exercising.


Quote from Better Health Channel


Swimming is a good all-round activity because it: keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body. Build’s endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness. Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs.


Check out their website below for more detailed information on the wonderful benefits swimming as to offer.


Better Health Channel


I also love to finish my pool time with a soak in the hot tub!


Swimming Reduces Your Risk of Heart Disease


I always enjoy the water on vacation!


Swimming Health Benetfit


I’m pleasantly surprised to see that with 30 minutes of swimming on a regular basis can reduce your risk of contracting heart disease by as much as 40%. I have to believe this is the case for any form of exercise compared to that of living a sedentary lifestyle. We need to get up off that couch and get moving!


My wife and I own a dog and one of the great benefits of having a pet is that they need walking, which encourages you to get out each day for a walk.


Swimming Lowers Risk of Diabetes


Elderly couple in pool


Yes, like any exercise you can reduce your risk of developing diabetes. It’s proven that diabetes is a preventable disease with proper exercise and a balanced diet. So swimming is no exception. You don’t have to be a great swimmer to enjoy the benefits of swimming. I see many people in the pool doing exercises like myself, from water walking to light aerobic exercising. Anything you like, just get in the pool and move around and your body will love you for it!


Swimming Burns Calories


Swim Health


From light to moderate swimming or exercising, the chart suggests you can burn from 90 as much as 370 calories in just 30 minutes. For those actual swimmers, depending on your level of fitness and speed, you can burn in excess of 500 calories in just half an hour.


So there you have it, just a few facts on the overall benefits of swimming and exercise. So if you’re over 50 years of age like me, then why not think of adding some swimming into your schedule and you just might live a little longer, happier and healthier!


Safe travels and swimming!


If you enjoyed reading this article, make my day and share it on your favorite Social Media Site by clicking one of the icons below! Thanks


Original article and pictures take http://gr8traveltips.com/health-benefits-of-swimming site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий