Beat insomnia and boost relaxation with our bedtime essential flow. A 12-minute yoga sequence perfect to soothe your mind and body before bed. Put on your coziest PJs, grab a cup of chamomile tea and unwind!
1. Mountain pose: 30 seconds. Stand up tall with your feet together and distribute your weight equally between both feet. Keep your spine long, your body soft and bring your palms together in front of the heart.
2. Standing half forward bend pose: 30 seconds. Exhale as you bend at the hips. Press your hands into your shins and straighten your spine.
3. Chair pose: 30 seconds. Inhale, bring your arms up with the palms facing each other and, as you exhale, bend your knees and sit back.
4. Downward facing dog pose: 60 seconds. Place your hands on the floor, extend your arms and legs, lift your hips up and back, and exhale.
5. Cat pose: 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
6. Cow pose: 30 seconds. Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
7. Sphinx pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your belly, extend your legs back and place your forearms on the floor. Inhale, press your forearms down and lift your head and chest off the floor.
8. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Exhale as you sit on your heels, lay your torso down and stretch your arms in front of you.
9. Seated forward bend pose: 30 seconds. Sit on the floor with your feet together and your legs extended. Exhale as you bend at the hips and slowly lower your torso.
10. Legs up the wall pose: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your glutes as close to a wall as comfortable, and extend your legs up the wall.
11. Happy baby pose: 30 seconds. Exhale as you bend your knees into the belly. Inhale and hold the outside edge of your feet. Open your knees and bring them up toward your armpits.
12. Bridge pose: 30 seconds. Place your feet flat on the floor, inhale and lift your hips and chest up.
13. Supine spinal twist pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back, bend your knees, rotate your hips to the left, extend your left leg, and cross your right knee over to the left side. Extend your right arm out to the side and rest your left hand on your right knee. Turn your head to the right and hold the pose for 30 seconds. Exhale as you release the pose, and repeat on the opposite side.
14. Reclining bound angle pose: 60 seconds. Bend your knees and let your thighs fall open. Press the soles of your feet together and keep your knees relaxed.
15. Wind release pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Inhale as you lift one leg and bend the knee. Exhale as you pull the knee toward your chest and press your thigh into your belly. Hold the pose for 30 seconds, exhale as you release, and repeat with the opposite leg.
16. Savasana: 2 minutes. Cover your body with a blanket and extend your arms and legs, letting them drop open. Close your eyes, allow your feet to rotate to the sides and keep your palms facing up.
Original article and pictures take http://www.spotebi.com/yoga-sequences/bedtime-soothing-flow/ site